24th April 2020: Show & Tell: All about the Customer – Initiatives with Impact – Postponed until further notice
This course has been postponed until further notice. Apologies for any inconvenience.
CONUL Training & Development Group / CONUL Customer Services Group
Show & Tell: All about the Customer – Initiatives with Impact
Course Code: 2020/03
Date: Friday 24th April 2020
Host Library: Dublin City University
Location: Seamus Heaney Lecture Theatre, Cregan Library, St. Patrick’s Campus, DCU, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Great Customer Service is something that all library staff strive to achieve. This one-day event will showcase best practice and innovation in customer services within academic and research libraries in Ireland. Presentations on the day will address key questions such as:
How do we welcome and orientate new users from different user groups?
How do we help users find material?
How do we provide customer service onsite vs online?
How do we make sure all of our spaces work for users?
How do we solicit and evaluate feedback?
How do we ensure our libraries are sustainable and green?
How do we welcome all users and ensure access for all?
On completion of this one-day event participants will know more about and have considered:
- Innovative ways colleagues in other academic and research libraries have introduced projects or initiatives that had an impact on the quality of customer services for users
- Diverse catalysts for service improvements from across library and organisational contexts
- Different ways customer service staff can start or support service improvements with impact that manifests at the frontline
- Approaches and ideas for involving non-frontline staff in service initiatives that impact on customer experience
- How to communicate and present new initiatives or improvements to colleagues
Audience: This event is aimed at all library staff, especially staff at Library Assistant or Senior Library Assistant Grades, who are involved in shaping Customer Services and would like to hear examples of innovation from other institutions that have had an impact on how library users experience services.
Cost: € 70